View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: $55 bubble hand.

Am I the only person that does not think this is so clear cut? I mean why is he pushing? He wants people out of the hand. He could raise, and would probably raise TT+. So, in my opinion, he could be pushing with Ax or 22-99. This is not all game throry here. It is also poker. If he is pushing with Ax, you are at worst a 54% favorite. But maybe he is pushing A6, A5, ...

He could hold 88,99 which is the worst scenario.

But if we think of EV on the hand, and then the resulting tournament, it might merit a call because doubling up with move you into great standing for 1st place. By folding here, you still might come 4th. But, by calling, you are either 4th or in great position for 1st. If this hand was 88, I would call for sure! 77 is tough though. It is really borderline for me. Basically, it comes down to your reads. What is the probability he is doing this with 88,99? What is the probability it is A8-AK or KQ? What is the probability it is A2-A6?

Maybe it is bad strategy, but I play for 1st before I play for 3rd and it has increased my ROI compared to how I used to play.

I am not saying by any means that I would definately make this call. But I am not laying it down as easily as everyone else here.