View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: (LC) $109 ITM - what would you need to call here?

[ QUOTE ]
After reading I have questioned whether it is right to call with AK or JJ. This is because if you fold, you'll have 2600/7400 and I think you'll win 1/4 of the time (maybe you don't agree with that, i'm just ballparking). So let's say you call with JJ and have ~60% equity in the pot because they had Ax and 55 or something. This means that you win the tourney 60% of the time, receiving $500. The other 40% you're out because you are the short stack and get $200. This gives you ~$380 expected value by calling if I calculated it correctly. If you fold, you get $300 3/4ths of the time and $500 1/4th of the time. This gives you $350 of expected value by folding.

If you take into account that sometimes one of them has 2 overs to your JJ, and occasionally they have QQ+, I think it's pretty close. AK is a definite fold because it is only 35% against our example Ax and 66 and has an expected value of around $300. I would probably call with JJ because gambling is fun and fold AK (even though I would hate folding it). If anyone finds anything wrong in my calculations, feel free to tear them apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better post. Count me out.