View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
That hand is completely different since you arent the PFR

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, which is why I never said it was similar. The same concept still applies, though, mine just sells a lot better since I wasn't PFR.

[ QUOTE ]
can you give a more detailed description of how to do this given specific opponents and with/without position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crappy opponents and decent opponents should be main target, I'd say. Crappy ones are likely to think someone would only bet huge with a bad hand since they're so used to betting tiny with their monsters. Decent players might think you're bluffing and call or raise all in with a weakish hand. Good players will most likely fold.

Also, mine was much different since the guy was so short stacked, but I insta-called his bet and said in my head, "he thinks I am bluffing" before the showdown.

Him raising pre and then checking makes him look weak. Me betting PSB very quickly seems like I'm picking up on his weakness. It's in the same ball park as feigning weakness with a weak lead into the PFR, looking for a raise, after you've flopped a concealed set, only now you're advertising the opposite. Makes sense.