View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: It worked, but too agg???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...grunch...

I like the flop raise

I even like the turn raise, but I dont like the turn cap.
Unless he's gone crazy with 8x, you simply need to improve to win. And just hitting a K or Q is probably not enough.

By capping you've said you have a huge hand already. So if he has something that will be crushed by a straight or flush, you're not getting more than 1 bet out of him on the river. If you miss, chances are you lose.

Assume you win with a straight or flush, but loose with anything else. Also assume you will fold the river if you dont hit a straight or a flush. 12 outs. You'll hit 26% of the time. (*I'm not discounting the board pairing for simplicity)

With capping, worst case scenario is that he slows down when you miss. So you lose 1 BB 74% of the time, and make 2 BB 26% of the time.
If you dont cap, then 74% of the time you lose 0 BB, and 26% of the time you make 2 BB when he bets and you raise.

Buy it?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, basically buy just calling RR then I am getting 2 bets on the river if i hit my hand.... I see.

Well, he did cap the river cause he had Trip As.

Also, I am knowing that My K or Q is not good after the turn card.

Now lets change this,

lets say the turn was the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] giving me Open ended and flush draw, is my raise justified then on the turn for everyone who said I should just call?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would depend on how clean your overcards wer but probably not. Flush outs 9, non flush straight outs 6, discount your overcards to 3 outs instead of 6 for 18 total outs. 18 outs with one card to come would put your equity at 39% still not enough to raise the turn heads up even though you have a monster draw.