View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: 0.5/1 AQo missed...raise flop?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (17 SB) 2, 9, J (4 players)
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises......

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you choose to raise here? What are some benfits/drawbacks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as i saw the situation i didnt think a call had much going for it. I wasnt convinced that UTG had a hand (he had been playing pretty erratically earlier and the cap pre-flop doesnt necessarily mean a monster..just something reasonable) so i thought raising was good for these reasons:

1, Forces out players behind me. Obviously im not going to get a flush draw or str8 draw to fold..but if i could get a hand such as 55 or A2 to fold that would be v good if i am ahead of UTG.

2, May get me a free river card. If i can get HU w UTG then a free card could be nice.

3, If it gets raised/capped on the flop i can get out easily.

Some drawbacks:

1, If im behind i guess im drawing pretty thin. I cant really be sure that my overcard outs are clean and i guess i could be drawing pretty much dead to a set already (given the pre-flop action).

2, Say Button and SB do fold i may still end up folding the best hand. Say UTG has a flush draw if he 3-bets me on the flop im going to have to fold UI on the turn...however i cant really see a way around this other than calling down if we get HU.

I think im missing some of the drawbacks...

Edit: I guess my raise was generally to try to improve my chances of winning the hand by knocking out players.