View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Dating a Japanese Girl

[ QUOTE ]
Does she even speak english? It sounds like you have a communication problem with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her English is good but could be better. She especially has trouble talking about this sort of thing, which leaves me doing much guesswork. The cultural differences also make it tough.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I'm not completely sure about this but, I think it's also customary in for the male in those relationships to get some on the side. I know someone living in Thailand who's in a similar relationship. But he said it would be acceptable for him to get some from another girl. If it's true there, it could be true for Japanese girls. I don't think there are many old traditions that involve guys not getting any. Usually it's just the girls. Look into that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting point. This would probably explain why she acted as if she was going to let me keep dating other girls. But when I asked her if she wanted me to, she said no. Of course she wouldn't want me to, but I guess she was hinting at that cultural difference. If that is the case then it would be a relief.