View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Choose your seat (complex)

[ QUOTE ]
you really dont like having a very aggressive player on your left

i think the seat value runs proportional to the amount of hands you are able to play. at this table, you can play the most hands with the 2 biggest donks on your right, between the 2 and 3. the guys on your right is where your money comes from.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are aggressive and bad, I don't mind having them on my left, especially if there is a pssive guy or two after him. It's not ideal, but I'm not convinced that sitting after an unknown in seat 4 (the guy has a stat-read only over a measly 39 hands) with a winning player on my left is great. If seat 5 were "a slightly winning player but much too tight" then I can see wanting to be able to push him out pre- with successful iso raises -- but I am assuming that if he's a winner then he's going to recognize obvious isolations and adjust accordingly (maybe that is going too far with my assumptions).

I don't understand your point though - you want to sit after the aggro -- I think if we want to play the most hands we're going to be three-betting pretty light pre-flop, and the post-flop dynamics don't seem as potentially profitable when we see a flop with at least one other player.