View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: $55: Standard small overpair, take 2

I'm not sure why everyone says push or fold. IMHO, pushing is by far the worst possible choice. If you push, then the pot will have $1225 and the original better will have $460 behind. Therefore, the original better will be getting the correct odds to call with any flush or straight draw. And practically be getting the necessary 3.1-1 odds to call with any two over cards. So what are we really accomplishing by pushing? It doesn't allow our opponent to make a mistake.

In addition, if the button woke up with a hand then we're in serious trouble. The button has us covered and now we're out of the tournament.

CALLING:
Calling doesn't seem to make a lot of sense either. If we call, we've committed 1/3 of our chips to a pot. What are the chances that we're ahead? Our opponent bet half his chips into a pot with two people behind, and one of those opponents is the chip leader. Now if we call and then fold the turn we'll have $730 chips. Since the blinds are at 15/30 and we'll be moving up to 25/50. It's not an ideal situatin but we aren't crippled either.

The way I look at it, we're either slight ahead or way behind. Given the strength that our opponent has showed, I put him on a higher pair.

I think folding is best.