View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Very interesting deep-stack situation, 2KNL

Empire 2K NL this afternoon. 3-4 handed for a few hours. Villain and I are carving up one specific player, and that player is trash talking and making a fool of himself (while losing a couple of stacks). Villain and I are chatting it up, being friendly while showing down hands, and playing pretty ABC against each other. The previous history is I've bluff-raised his river blocking bets in position knowing he has only marginal holdings, but he's called and caught me two or three times. I've since typed to him that he won't catch me on one of those moves again. We've been there for a few hours 3-handed and I haven't made any moves at him, like I said, it's been ABC honest poker. Villain is TAG for sure, with some good reads on other players. Then this hand came up.
Stacks: Villain has 7k, I cover.

3-handed. I'm in SB with 7d10d. Villain is BB. Button raises to 70, which means I will take at least 800 from him because he's so bad. I call in SB, but then Villain messes things up by making it 240 to go. I'm 100% sure this is KK or AA. Button folds, I call planning to see what the flop brings. He's TAG, and I'm 80% sure I can push him off KK or AA with the right flop.

Flop ($550): 6s8d2c rainbow. Interesting. Here goes nothing. I check, Villain bets $420, I c/r to $1500, he calls with about 4.3k behind.

Turn ($3,550): 6h. I hesitate for 4 seconds, and push.

Remember, I'm 80% sure he's capable of folding KK or AA in this spot. Or at least I hope. If not, I'll spike a 9!

Secondly, if he does fold, do I show my cards?