View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: PAHUD- added more datapoints..performance has degraded

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused. 6 new datapoints bringing you to 21 total? Excuse my ignorance but what is a data point? Do you mean a database?

If you are not already using Postgres I would recommend switching ASAP. You can put a ton of Access databases into one Postgres database.

If you indeed do have 21 databases, there is no amount of ram, CPU, or efficient code that could speed things up. With every stat refresh you are essentially connecting to 21 different databases, totaling the results and providing one number. You say you 4 table. Thats 4 tables * 10 players per table * 21 database connections. For one full stat refresh you are making 840 database connections!

Put them into one, two or three Postgres databases and make sure you Vacuum/Full regularly and you'll notice a huge increase in performance.

This topic was discussed in length on the PA Hud forums not that long ago. Please take some time and read this thread...

http://pokeracesoftware.com/forums/v...sc&start=0

Best regards,

APerfect10

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry... 21 separate statistics (per player over 4 tables) displayed, originating from (1) 180,000 hand database.