View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: $1,000 1 table freezeout. What do you do here???

lol, i dont understand this. NO ONE has a problem with betting 4.3x the pot? thats just ridiculous. i dont care what your hand is. there is ONE situation where it is ok. in a situation where you are 100% sure you are ahead here. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHERE YOU ARE AT. i call that raise with damn near every hand, ESPECIALLY if my opponent will shove 4300 into a 1k pot. ill call with 23. lol. sheesh.

ok, heres the thing. SOOO many hands have you in trouble here. you are NEVER that far ahead unless he has some idiotic hand like 79 no spades. do you realize, that 89 with 8 or 9 of spades, is 67.3/32.7 against you? thats how vulnerable your hand is. you cant say you are ahead now, because when the chips go in, HE is ahead. thats all there is to it.

you dont know you are ahead. you can justify that hes agressive blah blah he will bet with a hand blah blah, but you dont know that. unless hes a complete idiot, he will check a T to check shove you. he will check a flush. he will check a set. you are right to get the impression that he will check shove a 1500 bet or less, because its the correct play more often than not. i know we talked about this hand a lot last night, and even with the stacks like this, i still dont think you can possible consider a shove unless he turns his KJ with Ks over.

oh, as an aside, im not trying to be a dick i just woke up if i sound dicky im tryin to avoid it. grats on the victory, and yer right, its not a cut and dry play, because betting sucks and checking sucks. my argument is that shoving cant possibly be correct, he wont call with a worse hand, period, and i dont think he folds enough to make it worth putting 4.3x the pot in there. thats all i got. debate with me real quick ima get some food. holla