View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Brilliance at Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it wasn't Pacific, I would find this almost unbelievably lax in security terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you have to go to Party to find out you should not share your password with anyone, do these people think we are smart or what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, you don't actually play on Party do you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]?

Seriously, Party does plenty wrong but I won't blame them for saying this over-and-over. Most account hacks probably begin with the user sharing his password.

Maybe seeing this catch phrase in every last Party email will set off some bells for a few people when the next "Party" email asks for their password instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I really enjoy is how they harp on not sharing your password, but when you first download the software the "remember my password" box is auto checked [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's too big of a deal. Most people play from home, so it's not like many people are going to get their passwords stolen by someone breaking into their house, turning on their computer, and revving up Party Poker.

I do agree that it would probably be a good idea to have the "unchecked" box as the default, though.