View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Improper odds for the fishies

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a hand from a few weeks ago which really got me thinking about this.

dealt 97s in BB, 4 limpers, SB completes and I check
6 SB in the pot

flop comes 852r giving me a gutshot to the nuts and a very weak BDFD, so ~5 outs or so, discounting my BDFD a bit. SB checks, I check, UTG bets, and ALL call.
12 SB in pot

turn comes 6 completing the rainbow. SB checks, I check (looking to CR UTG's bet), but it gets checked around to the button who bets. Now it gets interesting. SB raises which admittedly caught me by suprise. I pondered for a second trying to decide if I wanted to try and get the remaining 3 to over call 2 bets and hope that the button popped it again, or just 3 bet right there. I 3-bet figuring that the other 3 would probably fold anyways facing 2 bets, so lets go to war w/ the button and SB.

So, I 3-bet, UTG calls [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], MP1 calls [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], and MP3 folds.

Wow, I did not expect that. Button and SB only call.

River comes Q, and the SB leads out again, I raise, UTG folds, everyone else calls.

I show, everyone else mucks. I pulled up the hand because I was RELLY curious to what everyone had. Button flopped a set of 5s, SB has 34s for 3rd nut straight, and MP1 had A8s (wow, just wow). UTG muttered in the chat window about AA never winning for him (hmm, I wonder why? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

what about this hand specifically made you think about this thread topic? I'm having a bit of trouble tying the 2 together.