View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: What I Love Most About Poker

Poker is a game where you can see your losing. It is considered gambling and people know it. To me its a skill game and I am glad they don't know it. So if people are losing and they consider it gambling then its their own fault for playing. Its not like we are covering up had bad smoking is on your health or that we are ripping off investors like Enron or Skyway Communications. That is taking advantage of people.

I have no problem winning money from them. If you know gambling is a losing proposition then dont play or ask someone for help on improving. Just like smokers, they know its bad for them (well now a days) and they still smoke. If you get lung cancer its your own damn fault.

Although I do not play with friends. I can't play with friends because I don't play the same. I feel bad walking away a winner in a session with friends.

Thats why I keep aquantances [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] only in the poker world. Well I got one poker friend.

Actually I think poker is cheaper then slapping money down a slot machine or blackjack.

Saw a guy once play poker for 2 hours and lose $200. He was very laggy. He went to play blackjack and I tried to encourage him to stay "poker is cheaper than blackjack my friend" He poo-pooed me a went off. 25 minutes later he came back depressed. I asked him how much he lost and he said $400. I said "have a seat"