View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Long Time No Post : AJo on the Button

If he is on a draw, your raise on the turn guarantees you a an extra bet. If he reraises you back, and you feel you're beat, you can either: Call him down (a total of three bets) or fold (save two bets). You are either maxing your value or saving $$. Either way, I see nothing wrong here.

If he has an ace, maybe he folds, but more likely he'll call one more time, as the pot is already large enough to justify a call. You MAY lose a big bet on the river by doing this, but since you raised off the flop, just calling on the turn is just as suspicious as raising on it. I say, get your money in when you can.

The only time Villain folds is if he has a small pair, but I don't see him playing a small pair this way. The board is A 7 10 9 on the turn. 1010 and 99, he's raising preflop. He may play 77-88 the way he did, but I see him raising preflop with these hands too. 22-66, he's not playing the flop this way; too tough to put him on these hands if he is, I'm not really considering them at this point.

Your best bet is that he either has two pair, an A, or he's on a draw. Get your money in on the turn, go from there. Most of the time, you'll be maximizing value if you are ahead, and a good laydown can only happen if you pick up something on the turn.

Argun