View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Why favorites are on a roll in NFL \'05

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
111-76, incredible. It would've even been hard for dogs to go 111-76 in most stretches over the last 15 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

And with the Eagles going down tonight that puts home dogs at 19-38. A blistering 33%. Who'd have ever thought road favorites would be the most profitable subset in an NFL season?

[/ QUOTE ]

I check the lines every week because I'm in a betting league. We select 8 games a week against the line and each pick is given a designated point value (2 picks worth 4 points, 2 picks worth 3 points, etc) The perfect score is 20. There are 30 players! Traditionally the guys in this league prefer favorites (go figure). This season has been sick! This week alone there were 3 guys with perfect scores of 20 and 4 with 19. I've been telling my buddy for the last 3 weeks that I can't get over how this has been a bettor's year for once. Anyway, this is my first time in this forum and I was looking to see if this was a popular opinion, sure enough I came across this thread.

I no longer bet individual games, let's just say I had to sell my baseball card collection to square up w/ my bookie sometime ago, but in the last 20 years I have never seen it this good for the "favorite" population.