View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 03:05 PM

Default A common situation

This is a situation in which I feel I did not get the proper value for my hand. When I raise the flop and he just calls, should that make a turn bet automatic? Would simply calling his flop bet, along with his hypothetical bets on the turn and river, as if I'm WA/WB be better? This situation comes up often, and I'd like to have a better course of action for the later streets when there is only one over card to my pocket pair. I should add that the villain in this hand was basically an "any two can win" type of player who almost always saw the flop and would often bet if checked to or if he was first to act.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]2 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, SB calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]SB bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

*BTW, this is the first hand I've posted and I know next to nothing about HTML. How can I clean it up so the "[color...]" brackets don't appear in my post?