View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: 99 with limpers.

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of times my gut tells me to raise and later I regret not doing so. I am getting to the point that I hate limping into pots. I'd say 90% of the time I am raising if I enter. Mind you hands like 98s with 2 callers in LP I limp of course.

Usually the scenario is I have a hand like KJs, JTs, QJs, ATs in EP and I hate limping with them. It only invites a raise from behind. But usually there is 3-4 to the flop at 2/4. Now in a game like 10/20 online those are folds because the game is tighter and you don't want to be HU with a PF raiser with a dominated hand.

Now what if I had a hand like 88 or 77?

66 I can call because I know I will get 5 callers. But the middle pairs is where I wonder when it is right to raise. 1 limper or even 2 weak limpers with position I raise. But 2 limps with 88 or 77 in MP not sure if raising with these hands is right. 99 I can see it and I should have done it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This post is overly tangential.

If we're talking about EP: Raise ATs (possibly KJs); limp JTs, QJs (KJs) in a loose game - toss them in a tight game.

If we're talking about the position you were in in your OP (2 limpers, you, several loose players capable of cold-calling behind you) then I raise all those hands and pairs 77/88 and above.

What bothers me about your post is you discuss not limping the KJs/ATs/etc.. hands in EP because there's only 3-4 callers at 2/4. Then you go on to say in a later paragraph that you always limp 66 because you know that you will get 5 callers. Which is it? This is confusing to say the least.