View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Help settle an argument I had with opponents

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think if you make a move like this, you have to protect your hand. When your "best" hand is A-high, you have to protect it with a flop raise. The check is fine to induce the bluff, but you have to push him out of the pot then. If you had KJ instead, you could check/call to the river to your heart's content.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you know your opponent's hand is ten high on the flop, you would still want to protect your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't be arguing with the people at the table, ever. It's tempting, but don't do it.

If you know he will fold to a bet, you should bet. I would want to take the pot down any way I can, for as cheap as I can, as soon as I can. You aren't inducing a bluff with a monster here, you have A high. Giving free cards is still bad. Think about it, T3 vs AJ is still only a 2 to 1 edge. It's not aces.

All you're doing is committing him to the pot more, which means he's less likely to fold later. How do you know he didnt bet with a good hand?

Overall, you WAY overestimated your strength here. Best move would be to bet the flop if you know he'll fold.