View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: NL50 QQ .. did I hit the turn or not?

[ QUOTE ]

I suppose the other way to interpret that is that if I want to push with QQ there, I should also bluff sometimes to make up for it. I don't really see myself bluffing there often enough to make up for it .. what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy now. You really don't want to be doing this on a bluff. Doing it as a semi-bluff is ok, because then you have outs to improve if you get called, but doing a naked bluff for your stack is stupid because you are likely to get called by a wide range of villain hands....don't bluff for your stack at these limits, but it is ok to semi-bluff. That gets you called by lots more hands with your sets thinking you are drawing.

As to this hand...you really just let lots of people with marginal hands off the hook. You are quite likely to be called only by hands that beat you here, which means you are risking 90 or whatever it is to win 30....that's a bad bet....bet the pot. Betting the pot gets you called by a much larger range of hands and could even get you raised by two pair or something...you are likely folding 2 pair hands out with this push unless they are superdonkeys, which they might well be.