View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 09:29 AM

Default PLO 100 - Help! I think I have a extremely big leak here.. (flop play)

Omaha Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00)

Seat 1: SB ($87.95)
Seat 2: BB ($96.50)
Seat 5: UTG ($145.95)
Seat 6: MP ($28.60)
Seat 7: Hero ($95.50)
Seat 9: Button ($76.25)
SB: posts small blind $0.50
BB: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
UTG: folds
MP: calls $1
Hero: raises $3.50 to $4.50
Button: calls $4.50
SB: calls $4
BB: folds
MP: folds
*** FLOP *** [7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
SB: checks
Hero: bets $14.75
Button: raises $44.25 to $59
SB: folds
SB is sitting out
Hero: calls $44.25???

Button is tight, no other reads. Am I making a serious leak by calling here despite my 12-card wrap draw? My default play is always call as the chance that I will fill my straight is 1.22 to 1 and the pot is giving 2 to 1 (therefore, in my head, I am getting good odds). But then I suddenly realised, due to the stack sizes, a flop call pretty much commits me to call a turn bet if the board is unpaired. That means if I call all the way to the river, the pot is giving me an effective pot odds of approximately 1 to 1!! (which would make the original flop call wrong!)

If I'm wrong with the play of this hand and this call, that means I must have leaked lots of money in the past and I should seriously consider giving this game up. I suspect that I have misunderstood a fundamental concept of the game.

The question is, is the flop call wrong?