View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Theories on Stars rebuy MTT\'s

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest that if I can just be near or slightly above the avg stack by the break then I'm fine. But that does require winning 1-2 all-ins too. I kinda look at it like if I can, I want to make no more than 1 rebuy and an add-on if possible . It appears that the rebuy ratio hovers around 3.5-5 per player. So I am trying to work with the $$ overlay. Does this make sense? Or am I on glue and looking at this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a very bad approach. Dont play rebuy turnies if your unwilling to rebuy. The key to winning these turnies is to afford to gamble; GET a bigstack and put everybody to the test as often you can, search for coinflipps.

I think its a kind of weaktightness not to wast alot during rebuy, and usually make a note that that player could be bluffed. My favorite scenario is when someone is holding on to his initial buyin so tight, like a pillow to keep him in his ignorance, gets aces and finally decides to play. Since he is so short I decide to call and win with k4. He then says moron, and I agree.