View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Flopped trip 5\'s, could I get away from it?

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, here's a situation I would consider dumping a set because I was afraid of only an overset: My net worth is the same as it is now, I'm sitting at a cash game with a stack of 5 million dollars (life changing money for me) There's a hundred grand in the pot and my opponent has raised me all in and has me covered.

In real life, two raises without a possible flush or straight on the board isn't getting me away from my set ever. If I stack off, I stack off, that's why I play with an adequate bankroll.

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I agree Zetack. I was just saying that a player should at least consider the higher set and consider dumping a low set to someone showing a lot of strength in the hand. I'm not saying you don't get stacked with set vs. overset. You probably consider it, and then get stacked. ..but at least you considered it. Thats all I'm saying.

The way he played it - he left himself no room to consider it. He was pot-committed before he really had gathered enough information to consider anything else than the following, "I have a set I have a set I have a set"

Chest banging posts? Interesting....I'm gonna have to search that one up.