View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Live 6/12 3 handed, 3 hands.

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I also straddled on the button which I know is awesome but I really had no idea WTF because it seemed to inspire the other 2 to start 3 betting and then the pot was big big and I had the button but really lousy cards and felt lost. Someone needs to write something on this to help dumb guys like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about: don't do it?

Hand 1, I think you overdid it live. I would just call this down and bet if checked to. Raising after the threebet seems spewey, esp. for B&M.

hand 2, raise this preflop. This guy raises a lot preflop, you said, and yet he's limping in with a chance to steal. You need to punish him with a hand as good as JT. I'm raising a LOT of stuff here. You have position and high cards, take the initiative.

Otherwise, a player like this is going to autobet a lot of flops when you should be the one taking down the pots.

Hand 3: checkraising the turn opens you up to giving free cards, and getting 3bet when you actually are behind. My holdem senses are a little warped since i've been playing like 99% O/8b and chinese poker lately, but I would either go three bets on the flop and lead the turn or call and donk the turn.