View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: NL50 QQ .. did I hit the turn or not?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When the turn came, I figured the only hand that could reasonably be ahead of me at this point was KK. Yes? No?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, why on earth did u push then?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Lots of money in the pot .. I wouldn't be too unhappy if I took it down now. I'm new, and I'm a little afraid of big pots.
2) I thought hands like AK,AQ,AJ might call.
3) I'm not very good.
4) There's $43 in the pot and I have $90 in my stack. If I pot it and get a call, there's $129 in the pot and I have $47 in my stack on the river. No bet of mine means much on the river at this point, right? Or are you saying that that's the point: I'm pretty committed with my set now anyway. Or are you saying I should bet something like $25, leaving a pot of $93 and a stack of $65, which is a little more meaningful? I believe you that I should probably value-bet here, but I don't really know how yet.

[ QUOTE ]
Value bet it. Value bet. Stickie note on my comp says VB, VB, VB. You're missing alot of value here most of the time. Because all you end up with are folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose the other way to interpret that is that if I want to push with QQ there, I should also bluff sometimes to make up for it. I don't really see myself bluffing there often enough to make up for it .. what do you think?

[ QUOTE ]
Raise more preflop from the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]
Something like $5 sound better? I tend to raise smaller here when I'm out of position, but you're probably right again.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even CB'ing that flop more times than not into two callers,

[/ QUOTE ]
Me either, for what it's worth.
[ QUOTE ]
but the turn worked out for you....then you had to go and mess it up by pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, so you get to the river with poker left to play, unlike me. How scared are you of an A or a T? If no A or T comes, stick the rest of your stack in?