View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Explain ND over Oregon ....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also considering that ND hasnt gotten BCS money in 5 years and Oregon gets some every year, I dont feel too bad about this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't like some sort of financial aid program where we give BCS bids to teams that need the money (and I think that ND is doing just fine financailly by the way), if they wanted a yearly cut they could join a major conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how people chop posts up and only take one sentence to quote. The main point of my post was that Oregon shouldnt schedule I-AA teams and other creampuffs, then bitch when they dont get any respect. The money comment was just a response to people say that the decision (which there wasnt one by the way since they got in automatically) was all about the money.

Clearly they could join a conference, but I'm sure the fact that they dont share any TV revenues, licensing revenues or anything else (including BCS money) more than makes up for the fact that they havent gotten $1.5 million from the BCS each of the last 5 years. What they should not do is join the Big East, since we'd see them in the BCS every goddamn year for the rest of time since the Big East sucks and will continue to suck at football.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad Michigan didn't have to play Louisville with a healthy Bromm. 7-5 would have looked so bad