View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: KQo - TP on monotone flop facing turn action

In the actual hand, I folded to the turn raise. The river was a 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB had two small diamonds for a flush made on the flop. MP3 had A2 with the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] -- making trips on the river, but still having a second best hand.

Here was my reasoning. SB had checked the flop and lead the turn. This usually is a sign of a strong hand (especially given the monotone board. With five players to the flop, I figured there was a good chance someone made a flush on the flop.

So, SB represents a strong hand and MP3's donk-raise represented being able to beat a strong hand. I'm drawing dead to a flush figured that I was likely behind to at least one of these guys.

A few people recommended raising pre-flop. I usually draw the line for raising calling between KQs/KQo. In this case, I was in early position, so thought limping in would be reasonable. In retrospect, in this hand, a raise would probably have won me the pot (as SB might have folded his two small diamonds!)

Still, is limping in pre-flop with KQo in early position a really bad idea? Should I usually be raising in this situation?