View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: AK OOP against a PFR question

Here's a hand I played the other day that sort of addresses what you are talking about. CO and Button were pretty goofy and I didn't want to play a big hand OOP vs them, even though it was only a minraise preflop.

.50/$1 NLHE 6-handed

Preflop: Hero is SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
2 folds, CO minraises to $2, Button calls $2, Hero calls $1.50, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($7.75) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (4 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $6.60, Button folds, Hero calls $6.60, BB folds.

Turn: ($20.20) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero checks, CO bets $5, Hero raises to $15, CO calls $15.

River: ($49.20) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero bets $15, CO calls $15.

CO shows A4, and Hero's hand is good.

Alot of times AK is worth a preflop reraise. Against certain villians and at certain times when Hero's image is suffering, it's not a good idea. OOP sucks at NLHE. Playing from the blinds is a huge disadvantage.

I almost always c/c TP hands from the blinds on the flop. And then reevaluate the turn. Here, MP telegraphed his weak A from his turn bet size. Here, I'm not worried about protecting against a flush draw. I'm perfectly willing to drop this hand OOP against heat. Since I stopped fighting to the death for every pot when I caught a piece, my winrate has gone up, up, up.