View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: How to Multi Table

[ QUOTE ]
Remember, early stages are about survival, not building huge stacks. And pushbot every +EV spot in later levels

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how this works on the $27s. I still can't fathom how this works on the $215s and up. Yet I know it works because I've seen guys like ZeeJustin do it.

It looks to me basically like fold through level 3 unless you get a super-premium hand, than push on any raising hand after that. Call pushes with slightly better than opening push hands. Does that about sum it up?

I play against a guy like that on PS who 8-tables the $27s. I know to get the hell out of the way in level 1-3 if he enters a pot, but don't be scared to call his preflop push when he gets to M < 10 (worst feeling in the world is seeing him call or push your big raise preflop in the early levels). I really don't think he's a winning player vs. me on the 27s. But I guess that's not the point if he's still beating my ROI, which I'm sure he is.

Aren't most of the players at the $215s and up onto this though? How can anyone have an edge if everyone's playing the same formula? Or worse yet, they're against a few players who know what's up, and are on few enough tables thet can actually play some poker and counter the formula (assuming it can be countered). I'm currently straddling the $27s and $60s, and I've noticed a giant difference in the amount of fishiness at the $60s. I'd say on the $27s you had 3-4 out and out suckers per tourney, on the $60s seems like you're lucky to have one (which means the other one might be me, I realize). Anyway, I can't imagine there's a whole lot of out and out stupidity on the big buy-in SNGs. Am I wrong there?

Again, I know guys like Zee crush those games, I just really need to try to understand what their edge is when 8 tabling the $215s.