View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Problem with the 11pm $50+4 at pokerroom on 11/29/05

An odd thing happened to me when trying to play pokerroom's "long kiss goodnight" on 11/29/05. Instead of the usual 200+ players, FOUR pepole signed up. When it was time to go to the table, I found the site wouldn't let me. Apparently I wasn't the only one: after analyzing the hand histories, three of us check-folded our blinds to one person who seemed able to connect and we were eventually blinded away.

My dealings with the site have been unfortunate. In an email they sent me, they said: "whist you did lose connection...other players stayed connected"; "either your computer or [ISP] was responsible for the loss of service."

I wrote them a lengthy email of my own, stating why they were full of it, and threatening to take actions (such as posting this on 2+2) if my money is not refunded. What I'm asking is: what are my options? Due to the offshore nature of these sites, I imagine I'd have an uphill battle to force them to give me my money back (I'm not interested in fighting that hard over $54). So is my only option to say "repay me or I'll badmouth you on the web and withdraw my money," or do I have other options? Of course, I'd love to hear from anyone who tried, and failed, to enter this tourney.