Thread: Big pot with 88
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Hand ranges

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please do some reasonable weighting with these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
They're already waited by the number of possibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not good enough. You need to further weigh by the chance that he would play the given hand this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break, now you're just throwing roadblocks up to validate your play. Tweaking 99/TT to 8 hands vs 12 isn't a major adjustment.

That said, I wouldn't have had the balls, so nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for sounding harsh. I wasn't talking about the 99/TT tweak. My main problem I have with your listings of hands that beat me, and hands I beat is that they are not equally likely.

- AQ, although there are 12 combos, must be SIGNIFICANTLY decreased for not betting the flop, nor showing any agression. I would weigh this down to maybe 2 combos.

- AK, this needs to be weighted a bit since not everyone, even if passive, will cold call two on the flop, then call all the way down. Enough of the time they do, so I will give this a maybe 60% weight, so instead of 16 combos, around 10.

- Underpairs to the J. These need to be weighted a bunch too. Is he really checking the flop, and then calling two? Then calling down the rest? Yeah, it could happen, but I would drop this down to around 20% or so, so instead of 12 combos of 99/TT, only around 2 or 3.

You may disagree with my weights, which is fine. But you must remember when counting combos, that you have to see how likely it is that they play a hand in that particular fashion.