View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Poker apparel outside of poker events ie in public places

I wear Pokerstars T-shirts in public places such as the grocery store, bank, convenience store, or shopping mall. Heck, I might even wear it to a rock concert or a friend's party (maybe not if there's some special girl I'm trying to impress). More often than not, I just don't care if other people find it 'objectionable' or indicative of a 'socially defective scumbag.' I make my own appraisals of myself and I'm responsible for what I think; not what others might think. All this being said, my employer doesn't let me wear clothing with logo's on it because it violates the company dress code. All my co-workers know I play poker so the issue is just following protocol. That being said, I wouldn't wear clothing with poker emblems at church, weddings, dates, funerals, special banquets-you get the drift. However, I would generally wear them without concern unless it's specifically prohibited or a special event.

JeffreyREBT

"Wherein I don't promise to make you rich without trying, or even trying very hard; I do promise to say things that will make you FEEL rich."