View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: $22 KQs in level 2

Personally I think pushing is a mistake. But folding is even a larger one. I think calling is the best play.

Pushing is wrong because you give both your opponents the right odds to call with either a flush draw or a open ended straigt draw (both are possible on this board). The pot has $530. If you push you put in an additional $595. The pot will have $1,125. The BB will have to put in $565 into a $1,125 pot. Not quite 2-1 but if he has the nut flush he might assume (correctly) that the Ace is also an out and being getting the correct odds to call. If the BB folds, the MP1 will have to put in $440 into a $1,125 dollar pot, getting much better than the correct 2-1 odds to call.

Whereas if you call. And let's assume that the BB also calls (this makes my case weaker). The pot will have $750. Now let's assume that they both check to you on the turn after a safe card falls, then you can put in your final 470 which will not be giving your opponent less than the correct 4-1 odds to call.

The point being is that calling gives your opponents a chance to make a mistake. If you push then you are just crossing your fingers and hoping your opponents don't have you beat. A tough spot considering the action ahead of you.

Given this tough spot, an added bonus if you call is that you then have a chance to reavulate on the flop and the turn.

GL. Hope it worked out.