View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Now this is rather ironic

[ QUOTE ]
dont you think it would be better to just lay off eagles games beause you're so emotionaly attached?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not - I don't bet on the games just because they're Eagles/Phillies/Flyers/Sixers games, and I don't bet on the Eagles/Phillies/Flyers/Sixers every game - when I see a good matchup, I bet it like any other game. Obviously I can get hype about it more than other matchups due to my ties to the city. Also, when the Eagles/Phillies/Flyers/Sixers lose, I'm emotionally distraught about it - the money factor is just another loss, same as if I bet on the Richmond Spiders and they lost - ditto for a win. I won about 6k on the Super Bowl last year taking the Eagles + the points, but I'd have given it all back for the win.... and that's the God's honest truth - it's only money.

Also I'm not saying the Eagles are a lock tonight, or whatever - but I don't like the matchup for the Seahawks... taking the Eagles +points is probably a better idea, but I had nothing else to do with $200 tonight, and I left work early to start drinking [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]