View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Is Limping UTG w/ AA Bad?

You could go a few different ways. First would be to start to take better advantage of their pf tighness by opening up your EP/MP raising standards -- raise anything you'd play until they start to adjust. This is especially useful if they're weak/tight post flop since you'll be able to win a lot of pots UI.

The second is mixing in some l/rr'es. The problem is that you need to be sure that you're much more likely to get calls/raises when you limp than when you raise. You're risking quite a bit of value with a hand that makes most of its money on the early streets (i.e., faces reverse implied odds). But if you think the table conditions are right, have a go.

I'd also l/rr with more than just monsters. It's probably not that important if the player base is relatively large, but people remember it when you drag big pots this way and if they catch on to the fact that you only do it with monsters you're not much better off than if you just raised pf in the first place. Try adding some mid-suited connectors -- your outs are likely to be live (no real fear of domination) and they play pretty well in a crowd anyway, even OOP, since a large pot tends to reduce positional advantage -- i.e., you often won't have to worry about raises behind you since you'll still be able to see the turn and/or river profitably + you're likely to get calls/coldcalls with a draw that will often be strong enough to pump for value.