View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: What I thought was a great flop became a difficult flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how to proceed, I'm new to the table.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($148.19)
MP ($93.50)
CO ($77.70)
Button ($49.10)
SB ($85.15)
Hero ($102.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.

Flop: ($8) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $20</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck.

I hate having a pretty good made hand (TP) and a pretty good draw (weak flush) vs 2 opponents.

Bad position + Bad position relative to the reraiser.
Pushing will solve all these positon problems in the later rounds but that isn't enough by itself.

I am tempted to hold my nose and call the $14 reraise.

Getting more dead money in with a call.

I'm not expecting a limp re-raise from the preflop bettor (UTG).
If a dead money UTG re-limps you'll have better pot odds for your draw.

I'm looking at winning the $40 in the pot, plus another $55 behind that the CO has. Plus the potential $14 from the UTG.

CO has either a better draw AXs or a better made hand TT. Just call and see what the turn is and what the UTG does.
Most people who flop a set at this level tend to just call with them not try to push out "customers".

I don't want to play a big pot with a weak flush or a TPWK hand.

Is my thinking correct???

derick