View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller\'s 6-max Article

[ QUOTE ]
I think you misunderstood my advice a bit. I recommend you prefer hands with showdown value (such as A6s) to those that don't (such as 98s). I recommend... against VERY LOOSE PLAYERS... that you bet your showdown hands aggressively (though not automatically) on the flop and turn.

Against tougher players, autobetting the flop and turn with unimproved hands will be trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand your advice completely.

I understand why you want to play the hands with showdown value.

In one way, I like playing against the fish because they showdown with any crap and my overcards will win more money than when they have the small pair and I check the river and lose.

In another way, I like playing against the tigher players because I can win with the inferior hand more often just by showing some agression and driving them off their small pair.

On a related issue, if you are out of position and bet your overcard against a fish and he calls the flop and turn and then you check the river and he bets, is that almost an automatic fold. The problem here is that once you check, you really don't know if he's trying to steal the pot with garbage because you didn't follow through with a bet on the river or whether is has the small pair.