View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Wrong!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Name one falsifiable prediction [Intelligent Design] makes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
By the way (in response to one of your other posts), "predicting" that we will find evidence of design in the universe is not a falsifiable prediction. I might predict that we will find a pink unicorn, but that's not falsifiable, either, unless I specify where and when we'll find it. Otherwise, for every year that goes by in which we haven't found it, I'll just say that we're not done looking yet.

For ID to make a falsifiable prediction along the lines you've suggested, it has to come up with a way to observationally distinguish between designed things and non-designed things, which nobody has done. Then it will have to make a prediction about the characteristics of something that we haven't observed yet. (For example, it might predict that no new species of fish we find that live in total darkness in deep caves will have vestigial, non-functional eyes [since giving non-functional eyes to fish that live in total darkness would be stupd]. That would be a genuine prediction. It could actually serve as the basis for a research program. It would be falsifiable. It would be awesome. It would also most likely turn out to be wrong, but that's a step up from where ID currently is. Right now, it goes in Wolfgang Pauli's "not even wrong" category.)