View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Poker fad already fading?

There are lots and lots of people who are learning the game via online and are a bit more confident to try the live games now too.
It sounds cliche when Raymer mentions it in his PokerStars TV ad. But I know this to be true.
I was one of those folks (who was told about online-poker and gave it a try). I was a card-counter at BJ and had walked past the poker-room about a zillion times....but knew that I didn't know how to play and that it wasn't +EV for me since I was ignorant...so I never tried it.

I've since met several people who like to play the play-money tables online but are a bit too intimidated to try the real-money yet. Obviously some of these people will....and of those people...some will try the live games too.

Basically....it is my assertion that online-poker makes it easier to learn how to play and is partly the reason for the B&M poker-boom.

I think it all feeds into each other and is kind of a chicken-egg argument almost.

Televised poker helps online-poker....but online-poker is also a help to B&M poker and vice-versa...and home-game poker is obviously bigger than ever partly due to BOTH televised-poker and online-poker...etc etc.