View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: AK OOP against a PFR question

well you are WA/WB right. Standard default for that is to call down because it usually gets you there the cheapest. I change this up depending on villains though. If I know the guy will fire another barrel on the turn I probably check/call it...if I know he likes to chck behind on the turn I'll lead.....read dependent. If the turn is draw heavy I might also lead so I don't give a free card to a hand that might beat me.

I think raising here to "find out where you are" that was mentioned in the other post is really really bad because it lets hands that are worse than yours fold, and it could lose you more than other hands....what could villain really have on a super dry flop after he raised preflop? Really all you are worried about is a set or AA but as the flop is something like A84 it's hard to put the preflop raiser on 88 or 44, and AA is unlikely given that you hold the case ace.....I really can't see you "getting away" from TPTK on a board like that against a preflop raiser, but I think raising could let AT-AQ off the hook.