View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: From SS...I want micro views.

[ QUOTE ]
Do I need to bump the thread about betting into the preflop raiser again? I don't bet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Assuming the PFR bets AK or AQ here but only calls if I bet, what are you trying to accomplish by checking? Check/call then donk the turn? I'd rather lead both streets. Check/raise to bloat the pot?

Unlike many of the situations from the betting into PFR post, I think our hand here is quite strong against a typical raiser's range. This is not a situation where villain only raises a better hand. A PFR alone doesn't tell us too much, so we can't narrow it down like we could if there was a 3-bet.

If we are behind, we have 5 outs to catch up, and can easily make a profitable call back to us. We can call also on the turn, then check/fold on the river.

So I would play it as follows: Bet the flop. Keep betting until resistance is shown. If the PFR raises my flop bet, call, then check/call the turn. Check/fold the river unimproved. I'm counting on an unimproved overcard hand like AK or AQ not betting the river unless it makes a pair. Is this a bad assumption?

I fail to see why checking the flop is superior in this case.