View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: An object lesson: don\'t fight with your wife.

[ QUOTE ]
During the 23 days the Macedonians were holding him, the CIA debated wether or not to take custody of this guy. Apparently he may have been such a high value target that the CIA decided to take custody of him. You make it sound like they snatched this guy without a thought or care. For all you know the Macedonians were going to cut him loose unless we immeadiately took custody of him and removed him from the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm hmm. I knew I would love the right-wing defenses of this. So he "may have" been a high level operative? Oh, that's different. What did the CIA base that on?

[ QUOTE ]
Masri was held for five months largely because the head of the CIA's Counterterrorist Center's al Qaeda unit "believed he was someone else," one former CIA official said. "She didn't really know. She just had a hunch."

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhhhhhh, she had a hunch. I guess that makes it all ok in your book, right? Excellent.

[ QUOTE ]
If the guy was suspected of being post plastic-surgery Osama Bin Laden and the CIA let him go, you would be criticizing the Bush administration as being incompetent.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend, none of us needs any more proof of the administration's incompetence. It is plain to anyone who is paying attention.