View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: December Magazine Rating

[ QUOTE ]
$200 or even $2000 just isn't an incentive to write something

[/ QUOTE ]

While I realize I make a lot of joking posts and randomly like to argue with people for no reason other than to amuse myself, with 100% sincerity, I'd like to state that I don't think the money should be the reason why I -- or any of us -- write an article for 2+2's magazine.

It's because we owe.

That was my sole reason for developing the "On the Edge" series where I'd highlight concepts from 2+2 books that I didn't think were given as much attention as other teachings.

Think about how much money you've made from poker.

Think about how much you would've made if Mason, David, Ed, and the rest of the 2+2 authors didn't bother to write what they have written.

Sure, we all paid our $20+ for their books and they've never asked for more than that, but with all of us only spending hundreds on them, they have, in turn, made many of us tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

While I realize quite a few have made quite a bit more than me from 2+2, I still believe I owe them.

Which is the reason I spent hours and hours on every "On the Edge" -- I appreciate the $200, but it's not my motivation.

It's about (hopefully) giving something back to people that have blessed my life so I can in turn take better care of my family.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com