View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Re: $109 Party Hand - Trip Jacks vs. another big stack on river

If he's a decent player. The only dangerous hand I could put him on would be slow-played trips. My reasoning is as follows:
1. The low str8: surely he wouldn't have called it down?
2. The flush: you've got the Ace, so I would expect him to at least re-raise the turn to find out where he stands.

The problem is that it's going to be hard for him to out you on a hand because there is no pre-flop raise so he might be nervous of his low flush, nervous of his J10 nervous of his poket sixes and is calling you down with marginal hand. The nightmare is trips though, especially if he's put you on the flush. No, in fact, the nightmare is J9 where he's put you on the flush and is coming stright OTT on the river.

You have a tricky decision. I can't see him calling a large bet unless he has you beat with the full house or flush. I would either check or make a small bet that you can afford to have re-raised and try to see what further information you can get. There doesn't seem too much value to raising unless you're sure he's got KJ, QJ etc. Checking may induce a bluff that you can't call but he can't be finding it easy to put you on a hand either and with a pair on the board and three to a flush (and no ace), I would be wary of making a bluff in his position.

What happened? It's a trouble hand - did you escape?

I, possibly wrongly, would have pushed out a larger bet on the turn with tptk and the nut flush draw.