View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 02:41 AM

Default weird play with trips

Nobody in this hand is a particularly good player.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

I didn't really want to lead the flop here. If the table viewed me as anything, it would be straightforward. I was hoping for an EP bet so that I could C/R the field. When the bet didn't come until Button, I gave up my C/R plan as I didn't want to blast them out yet. When the whole field called a bet on the flop, I donked the turn - they just called one bet, why wouldn't they call another? Plus, my line looks really weird. I also had no guarantees of Button betting again.

Good, or getting too fancy?