View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 01:04 AM

Default i want to improve...am i doing the right things? (a bit long)

i'm quiet new to the forum so bare with me. i picked up poker back in january a month or two after learning the game i thot i was all good and went to play on pp, ended up losing almost all the allowances i had. (i'm a 20 yr old college student btw) i actualy went through a lot of trouble, ie having negative balance in my bank account, over withdraw, excessive tilting, etc.

this semester i transferred to UC Irvine and started a new life style, whic apparently effected my game. i began picking up boooks and reading them everyday while also reading 2+2 recently...here are some of the books i have

winning low limit holdem by lee jones
SSHE
SS2
HGIYLH
HPFAP
tao of poker, zen and art of poker (for going on tilt)
harrington on holdem

basically, i have read a lot, but i'm not satisfied with my game. i want to improve. i also have bought PT and poker ace and have been loggin some stats. i will be re-evaluating by posting here once i get to a decent enough sample size. i log bout 1k hands per day at PP's 1-2 holdem and now i have about $900 of bankroll.

i paly pretty much abc poker but i tend to go on tilt quiet a bit. not only tilting at the poker table but also at the blackjack table, so i had to remove all the bj buttons n stuff. anyways, i would like to knwo what i can do to improve more, and what kind of goals are realistic for me, for say the month of december.

feedbacks are greatly appreciated. thanks