View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:50 AM

Default vn

[ QUOTE ]
i think you have a flop fold unless you feel metagame is important in this hand because youre forced to fold to a turn bet and you dont have odds to chase your hand. calling the flop is bleeding money and ended up leading to compounding error by wanting to pursue a gutshot with incorrect odds. dont get me wrong i chase these hands alot more than i should but i think a flop fold should be considered until you start seeing him taking advantage of your hit and fold approach. the turn you have no folding equity. i usually wait until the turn to raise pairs in the 15/30 games because they never fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
see, this is exactly the kind of stuff i say to myself when i am reading 2+2... but then i get in the middle of a hand and suddenly i am unloading bets! i really need to disconnect from the idea that everyone is trying to outplay me non-stop. i also need to slooooow down on these snap raise decisions.

plus, i don't mind the metagame considerations in the other direction. i am more of a player who lets LAGs hang themselves so building a wreckless image does not suit me since it is rare that i am going to be doing a lot of jamming.

good post,
joey