View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Anyone else feel guilty taking loose passive\'s money?

I still try to take their money. But against TAGS and LAGS i feel genuinely happy that I'm beating them instead of just being happy that I'm winning money. Against the loose passives it's more like, oh yay, more money.

As others have said, it's not so bad online. But in real life, when you see the workers just getting off their 9-5 jobs, playing well over what their paychecks can afford them, it's just kinda like, huh. How am I really any different from a drug dealer? Aside from the somewhat arbitrary difference that one's legal and the other's not.

Poker makes me far more money than anything else I could be doing at the moment, and I can rationalize it that pretty much 99% of all businesses are screwing someone. But I guess it's just a bit harder when you're actually seeing the people you're screwing.

And the loose passives have a 0% chance of taking my money over a significant enough sample size. I've played enough poker to know that someone who won't raise me with top 2 pair stands no chance against me over enough hands.

The problem seems to be self fixing itself though. At low levels it's not enough money to make me feel guilty, and at the higher levels it's mostly TAGS and LAGS that play.