View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: String bet question

[ QUOTE ]
i'm sure this was discussed on here ad naseum, but on the WSOP coverage, there is a hand where matasow seemingly makes a string "check" or "fold" i can't remember which. he has chips in his hand and moves it forward towards the center of the table, pauses. looks at his opponent. then pulls them back. what were peoples thoughts on this move?

[/ QUOTE ]

No Limit is different.

For example, when you lead bet you haven't bet until you release the chips, so taking a stack of twenty chips and cutting off six or eight chips is usually accepted here in Los Angeles.

There isn't a forward motion rule in no limit, probably because many players arrange their chips in front of their stacks before deciding what to do - this could be easily confused with forward motion.

I think Matasow was facing a bet. His move was to push chips out and then take them back without releasing them. I thought it looked pretty shady but it probably isn't against the rules as they are currently written. That said, I would think CLEAR forward motion would constitute at least a call when facing a bet, but my mind has been in computer breakdown hell so don't hold me to it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick