View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: From SS...I want micro views.

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

Every street is worth commenting on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any reads on UTG+1?

Preflop - no issues, a call is fine.

Flop - I might be tempted to bet into this, hoping that UTG+1 would raise with overcards to help thin the field. With the way it was played, I t hink you are behind - AA, KK, QQ, JJ, and AJ ... since there are no reads on UTG+1 it's hard to put him on a range of hands when raising from EP.

Given the flop check, I might take the lead with a 3-bet and hope UTG+1 was raising with overcards.

From that point on the hand would play itself a little easier ... if UTG+1 4-bet the flop, I might check-call to a showdown UI assuming none of the cold callers wake up. If UTG+1 called the flop-raise and raised my turn bet .... I'm not sure what I would do but I would lean towards a fold ... if everyone was around for the call, I would probably donate since the pot is so huge (and we have no reads).

Is there something special with the river donk-bet that I'm missing?